Performance Review (APPR)
The Watkins Glen Central School District APPR steering committee of Teachers, Administrators and the Superintendent of Schools has worked diligently developing a new system for teacher and Principal evaluation. The purpose of the new evaluation system is to ensure quality teaching and learning practices are in place and comply with Education Law 3012-C. The focus of this plan includes:
- Quality professional growth of teachers and principals in their instructional practices.
- Use of evidenced-based standards in each area of classroom instruction that are more objective and rubrics that are clearly defined.
- Establishes a procedural manual to make the evaluation system clear and available to everyone.
- Thomas J. Phillips, Superintendent
- Kate Bartholomew, President of WGFA
- Becky Sue Bianco, MS ELA/SS 6th Grade Teacher
- Mary Debolt, HS Math
- Travis Durfee, HS English and HS Negotiator
- Fiona Gibson, WGFA Chief Negotiator
- Claudia LaFace, ES 4th Grade Teacher
- Scott Morse, MS SS 7th Grade Teacher
- Nancy Ruda, ES Special Education Teacher
- Kristine Somerville, Administrator
- Rod Weeden, Administrator
- Nan Woodworth-Shaw, Director of Student Services